[vip_students] Re: FW: mobile Corner - Internet Settings

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 19:12:03 -0000

But my email was incomplete. the following got omitted from the end of the Eircom instructions I sent. An email i sent with the complete instructions was not delivered.

From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
Date: 02/01/2011 5:44 pm

Eleanor,
Eircom has to be different!

Here is what eircom advise for their email settings.

     E-mail settings:
     Mail server type:  POP3
     Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
     Outgoing mail server*:  mail1.eircom.net

     OR Webmail access:  http://home.eircom.net/email

     Or, if that wasn't clear (because of JAWS artifacts or what-not),
go to the Eircom.net home page, then Support, then email Settings.

From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
Date: 02/01/2011 3:38 pm

I think that those accounts work through the internet not through the
providers gateway
What smtp text do you use for them?
Aedan.

From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
Date: 01/01/2011 11:50 pm

I don't know exactly. If you contact o2 they should be able to tell you.
It usually looks like:
Mail.o2.ie
In my case it is:
Mail.vodafone.ie
Kind regards
Aedan.

From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
Date: 01/01/2011 9:30 pm

Hi Eleanor,
Happy new year to you and all on this list.
I think your problem with the email outgoing is that you must have the
smtp set to that of your service provider, in this case o2. The pop3 is
ok and it is only the sntp that must be set to the outgoing gateway of
your internet provider in this case not Eircom but o2.
Regards
Aedan.

From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 31/12/2010 11:19 pm

I have an eircom e-mail address. It is eircom.net0using my mobile phone
on o2 service provider, I have no problem receiving e-mails but I cannot
get the outgoing e-mail to work. It is a pop3 has anyone got the correct
settings please? I have it set like my computer e-mail settings amd I an
good at setting up e-mail on my phone. I have no problems with setting
up my bt amd g mail on the phone, both incoming amd outgoing. Very
puzzled on this one. I think my problem relates to the SMTP settings
which currently I have set as mail1.eircom.net amd port default.