[vip_students] Re: Equivalent of a Fada

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 00:33:46 -0000

Eleanor,

Fada is the irish word for 'long' and is spelled f a d a. (indeed, there's a neighbouring townlland where i am called Carrigfada.)

perhaps the ctrl+apostrophe+vowel works only for certain keyboard layouts but it's an MS Word keystroke so you need to be in an office program for it to work. The acute or the grave (shift with acute) will be grand for the fada.