[vip_students] Re: Computer crashing.

  • From: "Paul J. Traynor (NCBI)" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:19:01 +0100

Hi Hazel,

Then we need to look at the amount of physical ram you have on your PC. Also
have you updated  your windows lately with the latest service packs from
Microsoft.

First lets look at what amount of ram you have on our machine;

1.       Go into start menu and down to settings.

2.       2. Right arrow in here and enter on control panel.

3.       33. Press letter S till you hear jaws say "system" and press enter.

4.       . Now after system has loaded up its screen, route jaws to PC, do
this using keys, "insert + the minus key on the top right of your  number
pad.

5.       Now press the jaws page up, "numpad 9".

6.       Now use the numpad 2 key to come down a line at a time and hear
jaws read each line and what it contains. Near the bottom of this screen you
will hear jaws tell you what amount of physical ram is on your computer, If
you can do it then take a note of this and post back to the list.

Paul.