[vip_students] Re: Book Reading

  • From: "Tony Sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:10:32 +0100

Hi Derry & All, Check out: www.bookshare.org a site for people with print reading difficulties. It is a good comprehensive site with a link too, to 'getting started'. Happy reading!

Tony
----- Original Message ----- From: "Derry Walsh" <derry.walsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 7:55 PM
Subject: [vip_students] Re: Book Reading

Hi All,
             I had a look a calibre.org.uk as recommended by Flor to
Ger . Book Reading is one of the joys of my life and I use
Audion CDs from Cork City Library and they were good enough to open a
branch near me which is very helpful. Staff in the Library are very
helpful and read titles to me and recommend reading and request loan
books for me . They have not moved to MP3 books,which are used  in the
children's section and in some Dublin libraries. I would be very
interested to hear other experiences on this topic .ie what u use ,where
etc Thanks Derry