[vip_students] Re: A word about subject lines

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:14:19 -0000

point taken, Paul. A good one.
Aedan.

-----Original Message-----
From: vip_students-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:vip_students-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Paul Traynor
Sent: 15 February 2006 12:36
To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vip_students] A word about subject lines

Hi All just a note. Could you all try and remember to change the subject
lines of an email so that it  refers to what it is you are  writing in
about. If the subject line already is related to  what you wish to write
about then that's fine but part of our  learning on this list is that we
develop good email writing habits.

For example, I am writing here in relation to  having you all  give a good
subject line.  I will therefore place in the subject line something like the
following: A word about subject lines.

Now if I were to  say take an old email which was sent to this group
sometime back which already had a subject line of:  My Google tutorials and
not change  this then anyone  seeing first of all the subject line displayed
my think; this is about Google but when they open it up there is actually no
reference at all in the message to Google well it can be annoying is all I
am saying.

Hope this helps to clear up this issue.

Regards,