[vip_committees] Fwd: Monday Morning Update

  • From: Blaine Clark <thelight9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hank Bloomberg Chapter List <vip_committees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 10:49:04 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Monday Morning Update
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 10:33:35 -0500
From: DuBois Chamber of Commerce <dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cid:image001.gif@01CA5B91.E577F530

Monday Morning Update Sponsor for December:  Protect Your Retirement Against the Market Roller-Coaster, Call Zappia Insurance Today at 371-4901. Since 1979, *Financial & Retirement Planning * Life  * Accident * Health  *CD Alternatives & Annuities * Disability Income * Medicare Solutions * Long Term Care * Employee Benefits * Critical Illness.   An Insurance Brokerage Working for You - We've Got You Covered.  DuBois (814) 371- 4901, Pittsburgh (412) 770-5519, or 1- 800- 569- 2867; Fax (814) 371-2885

www.zappiainsurance.com

Picture

 This Week:

The Chamber Board of Directors and Staff wish all of you the Happiest of New Years – we wish all Success in 2012!

NOW AVAILABLE:  Lumber Heritage Region, in partnership with DCNR and the Pennsylvania Wilds Planning Team, has funding available to support projects totaling $30,000 with a maximum award of $5,000 per application. The grant amount must be matched 100% with funds from other sources.  Funds must be expended by December 31, 2012.

This is an opportunity for non-profit organizations to apply for funding to preserve the heritage of our communities through partnerships that conserve resources, tell the stories and enhance the quality of life for residents and visitors alike.  Information packets and applications are available on their website at www.lumberheritage.org

“This project is financed in part by a grant from the Community Conservation Partnership Program, Environmental Stewardship Fund, under the administration of the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Bureau of Recreation and Conservation.”

The Chamber’s Annual Business Bash is set for Saturday, January 28th at the DuBois Country Club.  We would like to begin promoting our sponsors immediately for their continued support of OUR Chamber and OUR Businesses!  Sponsors to date, and basket donors, include: Carol Jones, Miche Bag Representative, Carriage House Creations, Clearfield Bank & Trust, Clearfield/Jefferson MHMR EIN Program, DuBois Country Club, DuBois Hampton Inn, Farmers National Bank. First Commonwealth Bank, Global Fabrication, Helpmates, Inc., Linda Weis State Farm Insurance, Micks Associates, Sunny 106/WCED Newstalk Radio 1420, Swift Kennedy Group, Timberland Federal Credit Union, Tri County Church, Way Office Plus and Winery at Wilcox.  Will You Be A Sponsor?  Here are some choicesBusiness Leader Sponsorship - $1,000 (Includes recognition banner, eight (8) admissions & full page ad in program);  All American Sponsorship - $ 500 (Includes six (6) admissions and half page ad in program);  Flag Sponsorship - $ 350 (Includes four (4) admissions and ¼ page ad in program); Corporate Sponsorship - $ 250 (Includes two (2) admissions and business logo in program)All sponsors will be listed in the Monday Update, Chamber Chatter, Event Program, and the evening of the Business BASH.  We will also have a power point listing all our sponsors the night of the BASH during the networking time.  Also, if you wish to donate a basket for our auction, please let us know.  Individual admission for this year’s spectacular event will remain at $35 per person.  If we may include you in our Business Sponsor or Basket Donor List, email dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Newly Added Today:

It's almost time for that traditional event - honoring the first baby of the new year. Won't you help DRMC?  We are looking to make this year's prizes even better than before. Would you be interested in being a part of it? If so, contact The Women's Health Center of DuBois, a service of DRMC, at 371-9666.

New Years Eve Celebration, Saturday, December 31 starting @ 7:00 pm; Lakeview Lodge & Conference Center.  You don't want to miss delicious food, great people, and tons of fun.

Live Entertainment by Mass Transit, 9:00 pm - 12:30 am.  Ticket prices: $40 per person or $75 per couple.  Call the Lakeview Lodge & Conference Center,814- 913-1430, or the POA Administration Building, 814-371-0711 for tickets!  PUBLIC ALWAYS WELCOME!

Business Succession Planning- A breakfast program sponsored by the Clarion SBDC, Farmers National Bank and the Greater DuBois Chamber on Friday, February 17th from 8:30am-10:30am at the DuBois Diner.  The speaker answering all your questions will be Rich Snebold of the Snebold Family business Partners LLC.  Cost for this valuable event is $15 per person.  Register by calling toll free at 877-292-1843 or online at www.clarion.edu/sbdc/training.

The Chamber wishes to remind investors that the invoicing for 2012 has been sent.  We shall continue to respond to the needs of our member businesses with your support and confidence in us.  We are always available to hear comments and/or concerns our members may have.  We are here to assist you in Success!

Do you ever have a need to have a small meeting room or private office to meet with clients?  The Greater DuBois Chamber has such a place for your use.  Contact us and we’ll hold the time- whether an hour, half day or all day - for your use.

Update Sponsor of the Month – we only have a few months left in 2012!   For only $50, your business will be the focal point of a month of Monday Morning Updates – call with questions to 371-5010, or email dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

 Next Week:

PIGGY BANK TALES!  Piggy Bank Tales is a special 5-week program at the DuBois Public Library that teaches little ones the basics of Earning, Saving, Sharing, and Spending through fun, interactive stories, crafts, and activities. This program is geared for children ages 3 to 5 years old and an adult. Tuesdays, January 3 - 31, 2012, 11 AM - 12 PM. Call 371-5930 ext. 4 to register - Class size is limited!

Your business can be the Featured Member of the Month during 2012.  An article you present will be the lead article in the Chamber Chatter and on our website.  Along with your logo, you are highlighted throughout the month and also on our digital revolving window sign in the Visitor Center – this is 24/7 recognition.  All of this for only $175 – please call soon to hold your month!  Perhaps you’ll be celebrating an anniversary, renovating, having a grand re-opening, etc.  We’d like to help promote your ‘special month!’  email us at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to guarantee YOUR month.

Coming Soon:

The North Central PA Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) will begin its regular monthly meetings on Tuesday, January 10, 2011 at the DuBois Diner. The first meeting will begin with breakfast at 8 AM followed by a presentation by Randy Liddle from the PA Department of Labor and Industry. He will speak about “PA Wage and Hour Regulations”.  This meeting is sponsored by Laurel Eye Clinic. Reservations for the meeting can be made by a fax to 653-8425. Interested individuals are encouraged to visit the society’s website at www.hrmancpa.org

DuBois Public Library introduces Paper Crafting - Saturday, January 14 from 2-3PM - Erin Shaffer of Creative Memories will teach adults and children age five (5) and up to make a valentine or a mini scrapbook.  Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Sisters, Brothers, Neighbors: This would be a fun winter afternoon activity for you and the special child in your life. Sign up today! Class size is limited.  All materials will be provided. Cost is $2 per item.  To register, call 371-5930 ext. 4.

First Step: Starting a Small BusinessFREE Workshop each month January through June 2012 designed to give you a head-start with your business.  Topics that will be covered during each session:  What to consider before starting a business; License and tax information; Regulations governing a business; Guidelines on how to finance your business; How and why to prepare a business plan; Other resources you can use to help you plan and succeed.  Sessions will be held Saturdays at DuBois Best Western from 8:30–noon.  The dates of the workshops are January 21, February 18, March 24, April 21, May 19, and June 23, 2012.  To register online www.web.clarion.edu/sbdc/training or call toll free at 877-292-1843.

If you know of someone who may wish to receive the Monday Morning Update, please have them email dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Have a great Chamber Day!

Nancy

Nancy J. Micks, President/CEO

Greater DuBois Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development

P:  814-371-5010     F:  814-371-5005

dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.duboispachamber.com