[vip_committees] Fwd: Monday Morning Update

  • From: Blaine Clark <thelight9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_committees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 13:03:27 -0400

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Monday Morning Update
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 11:01:22 -0400
From: DuBois Chamber of Commerce <dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cid:image001.gif@01CA5B91.E577F530

QPS Print Group is the Update Sponsor for May We recognize that our Customer is our reason for being; we are committed to TOTAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. To achieve our goal we shall consistently endeavor to provide our Customers with products and services of superior quality, delivered on time, and at a competitive price.  We are distributors of Quality Business Documents, Commercial Printing and Promotional Products.   Located at 103 Beaver Drive in DuBois, our phone is 800-292-1117.

http://www.qpsdataforms.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/qps_pg_logo.jpg

< strong>This Week:

Many Thanks for a Great Program - Our Business Over Breakfast, was held last week with a panel discussion about “The Current State of the Powder Metallurgy Industry – 3 Perspectives.  Panelists Tom Gasbarre, Gasbarre Products; Dick Pfingstler, Atlas Powdered Metals; and Joel Simbeck, Netshape Technologies provided a very insightful presentation about the industry and the future of PM in our region.  We thank these community leaders for their guidance.

Also, thanks to Helpmates, Inc. for hoisting a Mid-day Mixer on Friday.  It was a great event with luncheon served by Stew’s Brew.

DO WE HAVE YOUR TEE TIME?  – the Chamber  / JC Annual Golf Tournament will take place on Friday, May 27th at Treasure Lake Silver Course.  Tee times are either 8:00am or 1:00pm – contact us know for your preferred tee time:  dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The US Open Qualifier will be held Monday, May 16th at the Silver Course at Treasure Lake – 8:00 through 9:20 am are teetimes for the 16 twosomes.

 The North Central Communities Conference will be held at Penn State DuBois this Wednesday, May 18, 2011 from 9am to 3:30pm.  The day-long workshops will run in four separate tracks, such as Improving Communities; Developing Workforce; Municipal Training; and GIS/Computer Training.  Register online at www.ncentral.com before no later than May 6th – registration fee is $5.00 per person.

The DuBois Area Historical Society will host the May 19th  – Third Annual Spring Walk, during which Anne Young and students of DuBois Area High School’s Pupil Enrichment Program will unveiling their downtown DuBois walking tour; leaving from E. D. Reitz Museum, 6 p.m.

"KICK THE BUCKET" every Friday, 5 pm @ The Tannery Bar and Grill, DuBois Country Club.  Your choice, Domestic Bucket , Summer Bucket, Import Bucket. And a Bucket o' Grub to enjoy while out on our Patio and Deck, taking in the view of the gold course or the Tannery Lake.  Mix up a Bucket, Grab some Grub and bring some friends for some Fun. Call 814-503-7178 for more info.  Something Special every Friday.

There will be a Kids Carnival at New Providence Beach, Treasure Lake, this Saturday, May 21 from, noon to 4pm.  Tickets are $6/person – includes games, crafts, and entertainment.  For further information call 371-0711, ext. 106.

First Step: Starting a Small Business – Workshop each month January through December 2011 designed to give you a head-start with your business.  Topics that will be covered during each session:  What to consider before starting a business; License and tax information; Regulations governing a business; Guidelines on how to finance your business; How and why to prepare a business plan; Other resources you can use to help you plan and succeed.  Sessions will be held Saturday at DuBois Hampton Inn from 8:30–noon.  The date of the workshop is May 21.  The cost is $20 per person.  To register online www.web.clarion.edu/sbdc/training or call toll free at 877-292-1843.

Super Massage Weekend at Hand, Nail & Body Works this Saturday, Sunday & Monday, May 21, 22, 23.  Town Center at Treasure Lake – 371-4411.

The high school needs volunteer help to provide an important  interview process for the students as they proceed beyond high school.  The interviews will be May 24 & May 25, from 8am-noon and noon-3pm at the DuBois Area High School.  You business people are the best to provide this opportunity to our students.  They need to see what the process actually is ‘out there.’  Mr. Sam Bundy is your contact person at sbundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call the high school.

The Chamber is asking for nominations for our Silver Ribbon Award, which will be presented on Thursday, July 7th. The nominees are people who have attained a proud level of professionalism.  He or she must actively mentor others in professionalism and leadership; must demonstrate excellence and initiative in own business or profession; and provide valuable community service with time and energy in improving the quality of life for others.  I’ll bet you know of someone you may wish to nominate. Give us a call at 371-5010 or email us at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

WE NEED YO UR HELP-The newly formed Rumbarger Cemetery Association is looking for people who would like to mow or adopt a section of Rumbarger Cemetery.  This valuable and historic piece of our community needs care and attention immediately, especially with Memorial Day quickly approaching.  HELP is needed now.  Look to your friends, associations, clubs, and family – then Please call 814-661-4596 and volunteer.

Newly Added Today:

RED, WHITE AND BLUE - Let’s all dress up / decorate our businesses to celebrate our Country, our Community, Memorial Day, Community Days, Flag Day, July Fourth and just how truly fortunate we all are!

The Annual Spring into Summer Sale will take place on the Gazebo at the Inn at Narrows Creek from June 1 – 4, 10am-5pm.  Stop by and take a peek!

Won by One to Jamaica Golf Tournament scheduled for Friday, June 3rd at the Treasure Lake Gold Course.  Contact Dan Smith at Tri County Church for details, 371-0727.

Children’s Fishing Rodeo- Sunday, June 5, 1:00pm-3:00pm in Cook Forest State Park.   Children 12 years and under are permitted to fish freshly stocked Tom’s Run from the Swinging Bridge to the Children’s Fishing Pond. Registration and prize give-away will be held at the Children's Fishing Pond behind the Park Office. This event is sponsored by the Marienville Rod & Gun Club, PA Fish & Boat Commission, Cook Forest Vacation Bureau, and Cook Forest State Park. All prizes donated by area merchants.

Brockway Clean Water Alliance will present a meeting about effects of Marsellus Shale as it relates to the water supply-St. Tobias Center in Brockway on June 7th at 7pm - Speaker is Dr. J. Stephen Cleghorn.

DuBois Area Community Days is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, June 10 & 11.  Sponsored by the DuBois Volunteer Fire Department, this great event must be added to your summer schedule!

There will be a Ribbon Cutting and Open House at the new location of Service Access & Management (SAM) on Beaver Drive from 5-7pm on Friday, June 10th.  Stop in before going to Community Days!

Cornelius Promotions, Inc is presenting in concert “The Booth Brothers”. They are a trio, who are at the top of Southern Gospel Music and are going to be in DuBois on July 22, 2011 at the DuBois Area High School. The doors open at 6 pm and the concert starts at 7 pm. Tickets at the door are $20.00. Advance tickets are $15.00 an d can be purchased at Stew’s Brew and Hockman Candy. For more information call Bruce at 371-2823 or e-mail amusicman1@xxxxxxxxxxx

Next Week:

Featured Member for May - There will be a Ribbon Cutting at New Story in their new location on Hoover Avenue at 3:00pm on Tuesday, May 24th .  There will be an Open House from 2-6pm.  Plan to stop and visit as these Autism professionals share their insight.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children will benefit from the nationwide effort of cosmetology schools and salons across the country as a Cut-A-Thon will take place on Wednesday, May 25th from 9am to 8pm.  Our own Pa. Academy of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences in DuBois is participating in this wonderful effort.  To join the challenges of this great cause by donating a raffle item or to make a financial commitment, please contact Sharon Wells in the DuBois location at 371-4151 or email s.well@xxxxxxxxx.

Library Craft Raffle: Works of  Heart - The Friends of the Library are planning their annual craft display and raffle, Works of  Heart.  Craft items donated by the Friends of the Library as well as by other members of the community may be viewed at the DuBois Public Library beginning on May 27. Tickets will go on sale on June 1 and will be available to purchase for $1 each at the library and at the Festival of the Arts. The drawing will take place on June 10 at 3:00 P.M.  Anyone who would like to donate a craft item  for the display and raffle may drop it off at the library beginning May23.

There will be a golf tournament for the benefit of Children’s Miracle Network on Friday, < span style='color:#0033CC'>May 27th at Eagles Ridge golf course, 9am shotgun start.   Deadline for prepaid entry fee is May 17th – tournament is open to first 24 prepaid teams!  For information, call Chairman Brian Rosenberger at the Walmart Distribution Center, 857-4419.  Hole sponsorships are $100, individual golfer-$65.  For more information, you can email Chamber at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sunset at The Winery—Enjoy sights and sounds of summer in the picnic pavilion at Laurel Mountain.  Ten dollars buys you a logo wine glass, wine discounts and loads of fun.  Food is available while listening to live music.  We have increased the number of e vents to satisfy demand.  Mark your calendar for the following date:  Friday, May 27-7 PM; Music by “The 2 of Us”:  Come see us at Laurel Mountain Winery. Tons of fun!

Coming Soon:

The 6th Annual First Bash of Summer Carnival sponsored by the American Red Cross, DuBois chapter, will be in the DuBois City Memorial Park June 1-June 4. The Carnival is open Wednesday through Friday 6 pm to 10 pm and Sat 3 pm.

ReMax Select Group is hosting the 5th Annual “Miracle” Golf Outing on Friday, June 3, 2011 at the DuBois Country Club, benefitting the Children’s Miracle Network.  $70 Entry Fee includes lunch, greens fee & cart, dinner, beverages and prizes.  Call Gabrielle @ 814.375.1102 to sign up or for information on becoming a tournament sponsor.  CALL TODAY and show your support for this great cause!

Sunset at The Winery—Enjoy sights and sounds of summer in the picnic pavilion at Laurel Mountain.  Ten dollars buys you a logo wine glass, wine discounts and loads of fun.  Food is available while listening to live music.  We have increased the number of events to satisfy demand.  Mark your calendar for the following 2011 dates: Friday, June 24-7 PM; Music by “Bad Hair Day”:  Saturday, July 9-7 PM; Music by “The 2 of Us”:  Friday, July 22-7 PM; Music by Ti m & John Chelednik: Friday, August 5-7 PM; Music by “The 2 of Us”: Saturday, August 20-7 PM; Music by “The 2 of Us”: Saturday, Sept. 10-7 PM; Music by “Bad Hair Day”.  Come see us at Laurel Mountain Winery. Tons of fun!

AmServ LTD/DuSan Community Ambulance is proud to be able to share with the community the dedication of our building addition on Saturday June 25th at 11:30 am. Open house will take place from 10 am to 1 pm.  AmServ LTD/DuSan Community Am bulance has been serving DuBois, Sandy Township and the surrounding area for 32 years.  Our employees along with the board of directors will provide tours and activities for all ages featuring blood pressure screenings, demonstrations, educational information and refreshments. Stop by and learn more about your ambulance service, see you on June 25th.

First Step: Starting a Small Business – Workshop each month January through December 2011 designed to give you a head-start with your business.  Topics that will be covered during each session:  What to consider before starting a business; License and tax information; Regulations governing a busi ness; Guidelines on how to finance your business; How and why to prepare a business plan; Other resources you can use to help you plan and succeed.  Sessions will be held Saturdays at DuBois Hampton Inn from 8:30–noon.  The date of the workshop is June 25.  The cost is $20 per person.  To register online www.web.clarion.edu/sbdc/training or call toll free at 877-292-1843.

Alzheimer’s Association Greater Pennsylvania Chapter – Walk to End Alzheimer’s – September 17, 2010 – Memorial Park, DuBois – Become a planning committee member – help with team and sponsor recruitment, walk day logistics, and awareness activities; or - Become a sponsor – full packet is available for review; or - Form a Team by visiting http://2011walktoendalz.kintera.org/dubois; or - Walk as an Individual  http://2011walktoendalz.kintera.org/dubois; or - Host a speaker.  If you are interested in helping with any of these, please contact Robin Hecker at (814) 456-9200 or Robin.Hecker@xxxxxxx.  The Alzheimer’s Support Group meets at Mountain Laurel Nursing and Rehabilitation, 700 Leonard Street in Clearfield Pa 16830 the 2nd Thursday of each month at 3pm; Facilitator:  Deb Dodson (814) 765-7545 for more information.

If you know of someone who may wish to receive the Monday Morning Update, please have them email dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Have a great Chamber Day!

Nancy

Nancy J. Micks, President/CEO

Greater DuBois Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development

P:  814-371-5010     F:  814-371-5005

dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.duboispachamber.com

- To post on the mailing list, simply send email to vip_committees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Users can subscribe to the list by sending email to vip_committees-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/vip_committees. You can also unsubscribe, turn on and off Vacation Hold and set your preference for a once-a-day digest or to receive each message as it is posted on the list page. - Online, searchable archives of the list are available at //www.freelists.org/archive/vip_committees Each list's archive is automatically updated as new messages come in. - There's a FAQ at //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq.