[vip_committees] [Fwd: Monday Morning Update]

  • From: Blaine Clark <thelight9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_committees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 23:19:28 -0500

cid:image001.gif@01CA5B91.E577F530

Cataldo's Collision is the Update Sponsor for January - Since opening in
1982, Cataldo's Collision Inc. has established itself as the leader in the
Collision Repair Business. They have a large facility and the latest
equipment necessary to provide valued clients with more options, faster
turn-around times, and the highest level of quality repairs available
anywhere! Their employees will work hard to make sure you are satisfied with
your automobile repairs.  Cataldo's Collision is located at 615 Division
Street in DuBois.  Phone is 814-372-8600; email President Carney Cataldo at
carney@xxxxxxxxxxxx .

SAT3A5

This Week:

We'd like to thank all of our businesses who have shown their support of the
Greater DuBois Chamber by reinvesting with us for 2011.  Although
reinvestments are not due yet, the Board of Directors appreciates the level
of support shown to date and welcomes any comments and suggestions our
businesses may have.  We are here to support and provide educational
opportunities to the businesses we represent.  To leave comments for the
Board, please email us -  dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .  Also, if you know of
any individual or business interested in becoming a partner with the Greater
DuBois Chamber, please remind them that now is the most economical time of
the year to join.  The investment is only pennies a day when your membership
includes all 365 days of the year.  For more information, please call the
Chamber at 371-5010 or email us at above address.

The DuBois Chapter of the American Red Cross will be holding the following
Health and Safety classes at their office at 109 N. Brady Street in DuBois:
Adult CPR/AED on Tuesday, January 4.  The class will start at 6 pm. For more
details or to register, please call the Chapter office at 371-2750 or send
an email to duboisarc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsors and Basket Donors for the Business Bash in January include:
Clearfield Bank & Trust; DuBois Business College; Domtar; KTH
Architects/Hallstrom Construction; Miller Brothers; Northwest Savings Bank;
Carol Jones, Miche Bag Consultant;  Joseph M. Lazore; Swift Kennedy; McLean
Publishing; Sunny 106/Newstalk Radio; DuBois Hampton Inn; DuBois Continuum
of Care; Clearfield-Jefferson CMHC; Rosie's Book Shoppe; Red Lobster;
Luigi's Ristorante; Carriage House Creations; Way Office Plus; Carol Jones,
Tastefully Simple Consultant; S & T Bank; Way Copy Solutions; DuBois Mall;
Downtown DuBois; Giancarlo's/Brookville Lanes; Giant Eagle; Farmers National
Bank; Coldwell Banker Developac; EWEnique Yarns; Carol Foltz, Coldwell
Banker Realty; Winery at Wilcox; Fezell's Shop 'n Save; Clearfield-Jefferson
MHMR; Penelec First Energy; Michelle Sedor, Mary Kay Cosmetics; North
Central/Tri-County KIZ; All About A Party & Costumes; Osburn Buick GMC
Truck; Comcast Spotlight; Ponderosa; Linda Weis State Farm Insurance;
Helpmates, Inc.; United Electric; Owens - Brockway; North Central PA
Building & Construction Trades Council; Hopkins Heltzel Law Firm; Stoltz
Family Dealerships; First Commonwealth Bank; Micks Associates; Timberland
FCU; Absolute Settlement Company; DuBois Country Club; DRMC; Gallikers;
Global Fabrication; Brady St. Florist; Johnson Motors; Tri County Church;
Priority First FCU; Steeple Furniture; TLPOA and Reynolds Financial
Advisors.  If you wish to be added to this list please contact the office at
dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 371-5010.

Newly Added Today:

Time to think about our breakfast series "Business Over Breakfast 2011"-
four times during the year we will be hosting this meeting to provide
pertinent information for our businesses on a variety of topics.  Sponsors
for this series receive two (2) complimentary seats for each of the four
events, as well as, a two-minute commercial about their own business.
Sponsors to date include:  Murrays Ford Lincoln Honda Freightliner;
Clearfield County Area Agency on Aging; All About A Party & Costumes; North
Central PA Building & Construction Trades Council; DuBois Continuum of Care;
and First Commonwealth Bank.  We'd like to promote your sponsorship of these
breakfast meetings - if your business is interested, the sponsor fee is
$175, which includes the business commercials and eight (8) FREE seats for
the year.  Email us at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

The DuBois Chapter of the American Red Cross will be holding the following
Health and Safety classes at their office at 109 N. Brady Street in DuBois:
Child & Infant CPR on Tuesday, January 11;  Standard First Aid on Tuesday,
January 18.  All classes will start at 6 pm. For more details or to
register, please call the Chapter office at  371-2750.

The DuBois Chamber is asking for your help as we join the 'Day of Service'
scheduled for Clearfield County during the Month of January.  Sponsored by
RSVP, this month's collection of food and money will be divided among the
many food banks in our county, to benefit those deserving people in our
county.  Many schools, churches libraries, etc. will have collection boxes
for canned foods.  We are asking area restaurants to provide a collection
jar for monetary donations toward this project.  As people donate they may
put their names on paper hands to be displayed in that restaurant.  The
DuBois Chamber has a supply of 'Helping Hands' and collection envelopes.  If
you are out for dinner this month, please look for the Helping Hands Jar to
help area Food Banks!  If you are a business willing to help with this, call
the Chamber at 371-5010 or email dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Programs at Cook Forest State Park -  Saturday, January 22 at 930am - 'Otter
Watch' Please bring your binoculars and spotting scopes to the Park Office
for a driving tour to otter hotspots along the National Wild & Scenic
Clarion River.  This is the prime time of the year to witness otter
activity.  Chances are good to observe otter sign such as slides, tracks,
and carp kills along the banks of the river.  Hot chocolate will be
available at the Park Office to warm us up.  (1.5hrs)

Saturday, January 22nd at 1200pm - 'Winter Equestrian Father-Daughter Tour'
Please meet at the Silver Stallion Stables for a unique equestrian
interpretive father-daughter tour through the winter wonderland of Cook
Forest.  We will travel through the pine orchards of Forest Drive, then
venture deep within the Forest Cathedral.  This is an excellent time of year
to observe a variety of animals and their tracks from the common white-tail
deer to the elusive and seldom seen fisher.  Cost is $100 per person which
includes basic riding instruction, a wide array of discussion on
environmental topics and a scenic campfire meal  prepared by a local Chef.
(Vegetarian options available).   Participants must be at least 12 yrs of
age and weigh no more than 250 lbs. Pre-registration by January 17th is
required, and is limited to 8 People. A Visa or MasterCard will hold the
reservation.  A 25% cancellation fee for any cancellations 48hrs prior to
January 22nd. For directions, information, and registration, contact  Silver
Stallion Stables at (814) 927-6636.  (3 hrs)

Sunny 106 and News-Talk Radio WCED announce the 2011 Pittsburgh Pirates
Caravan is back and will be stopping Tuesday, January 25th for autographs
from 6:30-8:00pm at the DuBois Mall. Players, coaches and announcers will
include: Jeff Banister, Neil Walker, Joel Hanrahan, Jose Tabata and Greg
Brown! More details coming soon on Sunny 106!

Have you received your Business Bash Invitation??  It was sent to the
business, but if you have not seen it yet, we'd be happy to send you
another.  We'd like our reservations as soon as possible for the January
29th event.  We'd be happy to supply more information, just contact us at
dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Treasure Lake Winterfest 2011 (January 28 - 30)  Public Always Welcome! No
Rain Date! Winterfest 2011 held by Treasure Lake Recreation and Treasure
Lake Ski Lodge.
For more information, call TLPOA Office @ 814-371-0711 ext. 106, or the
Treasure Lake Ski Lodge, 814-375-1806!

Friday, January 28th
Ice Skating at the Treasure Lake Front Entrance Pond - **Weather Permitted**
Ice Skating - 6pm - 8pm; Bring your own skates, for those who don't own a
pair there are limited
Ice Skates available for use.  Hot Chocolate & Cookies provided!  Sponsored
by Treasure Lake Sportsmans. Come enjoy the Rum Dums @ the Ski Lodge-9:30pm.
Saturday, January 29th
Sled Riding ALL Day!  Cardboard Sled Derby @ Ski Lodge Hill; Registration -
10am - 10:45am; Derby - Starts @ 11am. Age Groups: - 6 & under;  7 - 11;  12
& older
Categories are: Most Original - Most Creative - Farthest.  1st & 2nd Place
Trophies awarded in each age group!  Winners will be announced inside Ski
Lodge following the event.
Winterfest Events: Between 1pm - 3pm - - Kids Crafts * Located lower level
of Ski Lodge*;  Winter Volleyball * Get your teams together (4 on 4) Hockey
Shoot-out - * Come show our Goalie Howard what you got!
Bonfire/Tree Burning @ bottom of Sled Riding Hill - Starts @ 4:30pm
Come enjoy some great music with Serious Jones Band @ the Ski Lodge!
Starting @ 9:30pm
Sunday, January 30th
Chili/Soup Contest - 1pm - 3pm;  Participates must have their chili or soup
registered by Noon!  Winners announced @ 3:15pm!
Treasure Lake Idol - 1pm - 4pm.  It's your time to shine, come and show
Winterfest what you got!

Marcellus Shale and other Forms of Energy - The Chamber gets many articles
and websites of information on 'Energy,' the effects, the solutions, the
positives and negatives, financial impacts and so on.  We don't want to
continue sending this information if the subject does not interest you.  If
you would like to get regular updates of information and education about
Energy, please email us at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and ask to be placed on
the Energy Update Email list.  Thank you.

Next Week:

Please join SHRM for our January 2011 meeting!  The meeting will be on
Tuesday, January 11, 2011, at  The DuBois Diner,  located at W. DuBois
Avenue (across the street from Harley-Davidson).  Registration will begin at
8:00 a.m. followed by a delicious buffet breakfast.  Our presentation will
begin at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude before 10:00 a.m.

The topic for January's meeting will be "Who is GINA and Why is She Tweeting
on My Time?" with Susan Grady as presenter.  The registration fee for this
event is $10 for current members of our regional Chapter and $15 for
non-Chapter members.  Everyone is welcome. To make your reservation, please
contact Linda Kronenwetter at (814) 371-2821 or reply back to this e-mail or
fax this form to 371-5264.  Reservations are requested and appreciated by
January 7, 2011.

The DuBois Chapter of the American Red Cross will be holding the following
Health and Safety classes at their office at 109 N. Brady Street in DuBois:
Child & Infant CPR on Tuesday, January 11th.  The class will start at 6 pm.
For more details or to register, please call the Chapter office at 371-2750
or send an email to duboisarc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

We want everyone to be aware that Centre Publications is in our area selling
advertising for the Chamber's next Community Profile and Membership
Directory.  Nancy from Centre Publications is setting up appointments for
Danielle Olszewski Stelene.  Danielle will meet with you at your
convenience.  This single printed piece provides a year's worth or promotion
and publicity for our community.

SCORE Central Pennsylvania - Business Improvement Workshops.  Business
Basics Workshops are FREE .  Offered second Tuesday of each month 9:30am-
Noon in State College PA at the Nittany Bank near the Nittany Mall. Dates:
Pre-register on-line at  <scorecpa.org>  and receive a business resources
CD.  Want a Business Basics Workshop in Clearfield County, call 814-765-8987
and SCORE will return your call.

Coming Soon:

The DuBois Chapter of the American Red Cross will be holding the following
Health and Safety classes at their office at 109 N. Brady Street in DuBois:
Standard First Aid on Tuesday, January 18th.  All classes will start at 6
pm. For more details or to register, please call the Chapter office at
371-2750 or send an email to duboisarc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 First Step: Starting a Small Business - Workshop each month January through
December 2011 designed to give you a head-start with your business.  Topics
that will be covered during each session:  What to consider before starting
a business; License and tax information; Regulations governing a business;
Guidelines on how to finance your business; How and why to prepare a
business plan; Other resources you can use to help you plan and succeed.
All sessions will be held on Saturday mornings at the DuBois Hampton Inn
from 8:30 - noon.  The dates of the workshops are January 22, February 26,
March 19, April 23, May 21, June 25..  The cost is $20 per person.  To
register online www.web.clarion.edu/sbdc/training or call toll free at
877-292-1843.

Mark your calendar for a very special After Hours MIXER hosted by First
Commonwealth Bank on Tuesday, March 8th at the downtown office from 4:30 -
6:30 pm.

If you know of someone who would like to receive the Monday Morning Update,
please have them email the Chamber at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have a great Chamber Day!

Nancy

Nancy J. Micks, President/CEO

Greater DuBois Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development

P:  814-371-5010     F:  814-371-5005

dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.duboispachamber.com

GIF image