[vicsireland] Re: word query

  • From: "gavin allman" <fidodido1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 16:34:47 +0100

Thanks Cearbhall
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cearbhall O Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxx>
To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 11:04 PM
Subject: [vicsireland] Re: word query

Gavin,

Here is the instruction from Word 2003 you may need to check what the Help
(F1) says for word 97. Either way the feature depend on a setting under the
tools menu

Set an indent by using the TAB key

list of 4 items
1. On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options, and then click the
AutoFormat As You Type tab.
2. Under Automatically as you type, select the Set left- and first-indent
with tabs and backspaces check box.
3. To indent the first line of a paragraph, click in front of the line. To
indent an entire paragraph, click in front of any line but the first line.

4. Press the TAB key.
list end

Note To remove the indent, press BACKSPACE before moving the insertion
point. You can also click Undo on the Edit menu.

Since you might not be able to click in front of a line, the method above
may not be very useful. Personally, I prefer to use styles. If you choose a
style that suits you for your paragraph, just open it under the Styles
option in the Format menu. Right mouse click on the style you want and up
arrow to "modify". Hit enter on this and shift tab until you hear "format".
Right arrow on this and down arrow to paragraph. here you can set the indent
to precisely what you want and it will always be that way whenever you use
the chosen style. This method allows you to use other formatting freely. Any
time you want an indented paragraph you just highlight the text you want to
form as the indented paragraph and then open up the styles menu, select your
indented paragraph style and its done!

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Cearbhall