[vicsireland] Re: totally confused,

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 21:31:28 -0000

There is a method for GMail by which you can ensure that you receive all messages 'from now on'. It's called GMAIL Recent Mode. It gets technical rather fast, though. In order to set it up, first go into the properties of your email program, and in the Accounts tab there, at username/email address, insert recent: in front of it. So it would look like, recent:susanbourke81@xxxxxxxxx >. Now there are other POP settings you may have to set in Outlook to ensure that all gmail's mails are henceforth delivered to your Inbox. (But, if you want to receive your email on all of your devices in use, you mightn't want to do this. You'd then use IMAP.)

I used to have precise setup insturctions for GMAIL. Alas, no longer. You could get them piecemeal from Google.

-----Original Message----- From: Susan Bourke
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 6:53 PM
To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vicsireland] Re: totally confused,

hi Tim thanks very much for that as long as they're going into some folder and at the moment I know it's the important folder thanks again talk soon

On 18 Jan 2018, at 4:48 pm, Tim Culhane <tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Susan,

Being looking a bit more online.

It seems the fact that the email isn't delivered to your inbox is a feature
of gmail.
I suppose the idea is to reduce clutter.

They argue that since the message in your sent  items folder is identical
then you don't need it in the inbox as well.

I think the fact it is in your important folder should be confirmation that
it has been sent.

I'm not sure there is a solution to this issue.

Also not sure what is happening  with the iPhone mail.

Tim