[vicsireland] slide colours in powerpoint

  • From: "Paul Halligan" <tigerone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:28:43 +0100

Blankhi folks
especially those doing ecdl exams, and in particular the PowerPoint module.
enclosed is a word document which givesthe rgb values for 500 colors.
if you want to change the colour of a slide and have had difficulty with jaws
in doing so this will be of benefit to you.
e.g.
you are asked to change the colour of a slide
1 select the slide whose background colour you want to change.
2 click on format alt and o
3 press k for background
4  a dialogue box opens and in here you use your down arrow until you hear jaws
say more coloursand press enter on this
5 click on the custom tab
6 tab again until jaws says  colour model combo box , it should have rgb in the
combo box
7 tab again and you will be on the red value
in our example we are going to change the slide background colour to pale violet
the r value is  219
the g value is 112
the b value is 147
8   enter the red value for the colour you want i.e. 219
9 tab to the next value which is the green value and enter the green value for
the colour you want i.e. 112
10 tab to the blue  value and enter the blue value for the colour you want i.e.
147
11 click on o k and another dialogue box opens  jaws will say background fill ,
now tab around until you hear
apply to all slides and if that's what you want click enter
12 if you just want a particular slide in this colour then tab to where jaws
says apply and press enter
job is oxo.
it can be done!
Paul h