[vicsireland] Re: removing paragraph marks?

  • From: "Eamonn X. O'Connor" <EXOConnor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 15:59:39 +0000

Thanks Flor,

Once the document  was highlighted, CTRL SHFT 8  worked grand.

Much appreciated.

Eamonn

   [vicsireland] Re: removing paragraph marks?

   Flor Lynch
             to:
                vicsireland
                                                           02/03/2012 14:59

   Sent by:
         vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Please respond to vicsireland

Eamonn,

if you remove them in the find/Replace, there'll be no paragraphs in the
document but one continuous block of text. Control shift 8 will hide the
paragraph marks so you won't see them. the paragraphs themselves would
remain, and the doc's structure would not be altered.

To remove evidence of paragraphs: In the Find & Replace Dialogue,
activate the More... button by pressing spacebar or enter there. Now tab
to the Special button and activate that. Paragraph marks are denoted
^p - that is, shifted-6p. In the Find edit field, type ^p >. Leave the
Replacement field blank. Activate the Replace All button. Press escape
from the dialogue. you may be told how many replacements Word made.
Done.

> That's good to know.  But, I can see them in the document, and would
> like
> to remove them if possible.
>
> Eamonn
>

>   [vicsireland] Re: removing paragraph marks?
>

>   Flor Lynch
>             to:
>                vicsireland
>                                                           02/03/2012
> 13:10
>

>   Sent by:
>         vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  Please respond to vicsireland
>

> Hi eamonn,
>
> If you just want to turn off the speaking/marking of paragraph marks,
> then press control shift 8. Will that do?

message.