[vicsireland] query: Youtube downloads

  • From: "Eamonn X. O'Connor" <EXOConnor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 11:56:47 +0100

Hi folks,

Question:  On IOS4 devices, is it possible to download from Youtube, and
can you be charged?  I thought you can only download from the App Store or
Itunes.

Background:

Last Friday night while using  my iphone on my wi-fi network, I opened
Youtube and searched for the Modern Jazz Quartet, MJQ.

I listened to a couple of tracks and shut down.

The following day, I heard music on my phone, although I knew I’d nothing
in my iPod app.  I   assumed I’d accidently opened Youtube and the search
field was filled in and activated.

On checking the iPod app, I discovered an MJQ album – a very pleasant if
perplexing surprise.

Above the cover art and first track, was a heading: purchase.   Does this
mean I’ve unknowingly bought my ffirst album?

As I recall the event, I just listened to Youtube, I didn’t fill in any
order forms on iTunes.

If you want to dip your toe in the easy listening end of  the jazz pool,
I’d certainly recommend checking out MJQ – a standard trio, bass, piano and
drums, with the  addition of  a vibraphone.

Eamonn
Is le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis ar a bhfuil sí dírithe, agus le haghaidh
an duine nó an eintitis sin amháin, a bheartaítear an fhaisnéis a tarchuireadh
agus féadfaidh sé go bhfuil ábhar faoi rún agus/nó faoi phribhléid inti.
Toirmisctear aon athbhreithniú, atarchur nó leathadh a dhéanamh ar an
bhfaisnéis seo, aon úsáid eile a bhaint aisti nó aon ghníomh a dhéanamh ar a
hiontaoibh, ag daoine nó ag eintitis seachas an faighteoir beartaithe. Má fuair
tú é seo trí dhearmad, téigh i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir, le do thoil, agus
scrios an t-ábhar as aon ríomhaire. Is é beartas na Roinne Dlí agus Cirt agus
Comhionannais, na nOifígí agus na nGníomhaireachtaí a úsáideann seirbhísí TF na
Roinne seoladh ábhair cholúil a dhícheadú.
Más rud é go measann tú gur ábhar colúil atá san ábhar atá sa teachtaireacht
seo is ceart duit dul i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir láithreach agus le
mailminder[ag]justice.ie chomh maith.

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.  It is the policy of the
Department of Justice and Equality and the Agencies and Offices using its IT
services to disallow the sending of offensive material.
Should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive
you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder[at]justice.ie.