[vicsireland] Re: microsoft access

  • From: "GERARD SHANAHAN" <gershan@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:21:38 +0100

CEARBHAL,  I don't have such knowledge of jaws or the experience to make
suggestions on this but my main reason for asking this question is that I am
sure Mairead will have to create such objects in what ever program she will be
using for her course .  When I origionally did ms access a decade ago, I had
the benefit of some vision and used zoomtext but now as I use jaws I was just
wondering.  The action buttons in a form or query activate macros that will for
instance, lets say we have a database that is enrolling students from points
around the country.  you enter their details and then tab to the save button on
screen which actually contains a macro that contains a number of actions, 1.
saves the record. 2. emails it to the server database and 3. prints out a
confirmation for the student.  So how in your work situation get around all
these jobs.  I expect that you will inform me that you work with a designed
database specifically setup for dept of agri.  My main point in relation to my
ramblings is how such progrms like ms access can be taught via jaws.  I'm no
expert but ms access is powerful enough and can give visually impaired or blind
students a great insight into what they can do with databases.  Finally
regarding the GUI (grafic user interface) concept I wonder could you use jaws
mouse keys to find a point on the form where you could click ON A PARTICULAR
POINT OF THE FORM USING A MEASUREMENT CROSS REFERENCE I.E. FROM TOP MARGIN 2CM
ACROSS FROM LEFT MARGIN 2CM?  the idea reminds me of something that jaws
cross-references in excel.  I'd better stop now as I don't want to hog the list
with this but It is something for consideration. Regards Gerry