[vicsireland] Re: colour contrast on websites

  • From: "Petrina Finn" <petrinafinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:13:19 +0100

Hi Robbie,

I have a bit of sight and would think that a bright coloured background with a
dark text is probably the best. I just had a quick look at some websites and
this is the main thing that would come about.

Usually it is black text on white background or say red text on a ofwhite or
light blue background.

I suppose the more striking the colour like red on a light background the
easier it is to see and also it would draw your attention to it.  I have also
noticed that things like "log in" or "view cart" are boxed and in a vibrant
text to get the user to see it initially when the site comes up.

Hope this helps. Contact me offlist if you want to discuss it more.
have a nice day
Petrina

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for home users.
SPAMfighter has removed 621 spam emails to date.