[vicsireland] Re: audio encoders wanted

  • From: Jim Dunleavy <jim.dunleavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:50:15 +0100

Hi Eamonn,

I think cdex (the CD extractor) can batch-convert wav to mp3.
I also use ffmpeg for transcoding audio in all sorts of formats and for
extraction audio from video files.
It doesn't have a GUI though, so you'd need to be handy with the command line
to use it.

--Jim

Commissioner please consult our website at www.orac.ie

presence of computer viruses.

"Information in this email (including attachments) is confidential.
It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient.
If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination,
distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in
this email is strictly prohibited.  Opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of the HSE.

If this email has been received by you in error we would be grateful if you
could immediately notify the ICT Service Desk by telephone at +353 1 6352757
or by email to service.desk@xxxxxxxxxxxx and thereafter delete this
e-mail from your system"