[vicsireland] Nokia phone upgrade

  • From: "Ronan McGuirk" <ronan.mcguirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:48:23 -0000

Hello to the VICS list!

I am using a Nokia 6600 phone with Talks at present.  I think I will need to
replace the phone soon.

What are people's recommendations on newer nokia phones?

Here is my wishlist of features:
To be able to run Talks,
to have a Bluetooth connection
To be able to attach with a USB cable to a pc
To be able to play mp3 files
to be able to run Loadstone gps
to have a cable-based headset connection (or earphone connection) to listen
to mp3 files

I would like the keypad to be at least as easy and preferably easier than
Nokia 6600
  I find the keypad lock and unlock on Nokia 6600 a bit  awkward and I think
I would prefer a flipover type phone
As a possible extra, I think I would like to be able to use a fold up qwerty
keyboard for use with Quick Office
Finally I would like to be sure it had enough memory and also to have it run
a bit quicker than nokia 6600

Does anyone know if a phone with such a specification exists and what is
your experience with it?

Many thanks,
Ronan