[vicsireland] Jaws 8

  • From: "Darragh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:22:11 -0000

Greetings all.

Have any of you started using jaws 8 yet?  How have you found it?

I haven't used it all that much as I only have access to the demonstration
but what I have used has not been good at all!

1.  The new feature for changing synthesizer on the fly hangs jaws when I
try to configure it.
2.  Standard highlight tracking doesn't work in applications where Jaws 7
and jaws 7.1 had absolutely no problems.  Example: the Rss reader ffrom
rss.org.
3.  The new text event doesn't work the way I want it to in PuTTY as it use
to in Jaws 7.1.

Anyone had any other bad experiences?  It seems that FS are moving backword
instead of forward.

Darragh Ó Héiligh
Web Development, O/S and Application Technical Support
        Website:                www.digitaldarragh.com
        Email:          d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Phone:          087-7670464