[vicsireland] Re: [JAVA and the companies registration office

  • From: "Cearbhall O Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:53:33 -0000

Dear Tony,

Thanks for the comprehensive answer!

As you say, I had no trouble with the index page and other links on the
cro.ie web site. The trouble arose when I registered with "Core" which is
the part of the CRO service which allows you to send files and do other
activities related to company law online. This is accessed through a link
labelled "Core" on the index page of the cro.ie. The index page of Core is
also accessible. I first had to register with Core. This requires a user
name and password. The user name is any valid email that the user wishes to
put in. The registration process went fine and I was able to operate all the
fields.

When the user name and password have been successfully entered, the system
opens up the user's workspace where one is supposed to be able to submit
forms and carry out all company transactions as an alternative to posting
them.

As soon as the workspace opened up my entire system stopped and I could not
operate any other windows nor get any response from JAWS, for example,  by
moving to the desktop. I opened up Narrator and this showed that I could not
move around the windows which had been open. It was clear that the entire
system had locked up. The only solution was to restart the computer. With a
fresh start I went back to the cro.ie web site, linked to "core" and
attempted to gain entry to the "Core"  workspace again. The same thing
happened as soon as I successfully entered my user name and password.

Narrator seemed to indicate that the Core workspace was in Java - not Java
script.

I would welcome any thoughts people might have.

If any brave souls would like to try out the "Core" registration, there is
no cost in registering a user name and password.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Tel: 01-2864623 Mob: 087 9922227 Em: