[vicsireland] IE 9 and jaws query.

  • From: Dónal Fitzpatrick <dfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:28:18 +0000

Just for the record I'm sending this mail from my mac!  Anyway, I have to use a
machine with the dreaded windows.  I'm noticing that the behaviour of Jaws in
IE 9 is very different from what I remember.  Now God knows what version of IE
I used, but I remember that when I activated a link (say to download something)
a separate window would open and I'd have several options like open/run
(depending on the program) save etc.  This appears to be gone.  I found the
downloads by hitting shift tab repeatedly.  Any way to improve or speed this up?

Secondly every time I open IE I get this weird announcement about add-ons.  Any
way to get rid of it and stop it constantly popping up?

Unfortunately our core pay system here doesn't work with Safari so I've to use
a PC to access payslips, p60 etc.

Thanks for any help,

Donal
Dónal Fitzpatrick