[vicsireland] Galway Open Day

  • From: "Tony Murray" <tony.g.murray@xxxxxx>
  • To: "VICS" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 15:26:34 -0000

Hi VICSonians!

Good news.

The VICS Open Day in Galway is confirmed!

Here are the details thus far:

Date: Saturday November 18th

Time: 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM

Location: The Victoria Hotel, Eyre Square, Galway

We are working on a set of presenters and exhibitors, when it's all
confirmed we will let you know.

The Victoria Hotel has some rooms booked under VICS.  There are five
remaining, so those who want to stay there should get in quick to confirm
your room.  As far as I know, there is some further availability at the
hotel, however those intending staying over at the weekend should get booked
in the very near future.

The hotel have offered us a rate of E99 per room, per night.  So it would
work out at E49.50 per person sharing, per night.

The contact number of the hotel is 091567433.  Quote the VICS conference,
and you should be ok.  My advice is to get in quickly though, Galway seems
to be packed that weekend.. or is it like this every weekend?

As regards how the open day will operate, here is a high level explanation.

We will break it down in to two halves, which will give us time to have
lunch.

The first half will consist of a seminar style set-up, with theatre style
seating in the conference room.  Delegates will hear presentations on new
and exciting technology, a presentation on how VICS is doing and where we
are going, followed by a Q&A session.  This will bring us up until lunch
time.

After lunch, the theatre style seating will be removed, and stands will be
set-up around the room.  At each stand, delegates will be able to check out
the technology they had heard about in the morning, along with other
exhibits of interest.  This will allow us all to experience one-to-one
hands-on demos of the hardware and software we've learned about, as well as
glimpses of other technology on display.

I am working on a definite time table at the moment.  As soon as it is
confirmed, you will be the first to know.

So, it's off to Galway for VICS.  A great weekend is guaranteed, but book
early.

Cheers,

Tony Murray
VICS Chairperson