[vicsireland] Re: Excel Query - fitting a spreadsheet onto one page

  • From: "Cearbhall O Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:58:47 +0100

Dear Ulla,

Here is the instruction from excel help:
Microsoft Office Online: Help and How-to: Print a worksheet to fit a paper
width or a number of pages
Print a worksheet to fit a paper width or a number of pages

Show All Show All

list of 4 items
1. Click the worksheet.
2. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Page tab.
3. Under Scaling, click Fit to.
4. Do one of the following:
Hide Print a worksheet to fit a paper width

In the first box beside Fit to, enter 1 (for 1 page wide). In the second box
beside Fit to, delete the value so that the number of pages tall is
unspecified.

Show Print a worksheet on a specified number of pages

list end

Notes

list of 3 items
. Microsoft Excel ignores manual page breaks when you use the Fit to option.

. When you change the values for Fit to, Excel shrinks the printed image or
expands it up to 100 percent, as necessary. To see the how much the image
will
be adjusted for your new values, click OK, and then click Page Setup on the
File menu. The Adjust to box on the Page tab shows the percentage that the
printed size will be adjusted.
. Printed data does not exceed the specified number of pages. Excel does not
enlarge the data to fill the pages.
list end

All the best,

Cearbhall