[vicsireland] Do you want to influence the future of VICS?

  • From: "Tim Culhane" <tim.culhane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:40:41 +0100

Dear VICS members,

Another VICS year is coming to a close and the AGM is fast approaching.

This year several members of the current committee are stepping down.  As a
result,  we are  on the look out for any members interested in helping to
run the society.

First of all,  the important thing to remember is that you do not need to be
an expert when  it comes to technology or computers. It is vital that the
committee reflects the membership  of the society and all committee members
contribute in their own way.

All that is required is the following:

1.  You are available to attend regular committee meetings.  At present
these are held on a  roughly monthly basis in Dublin.  Having said  that,
this does not preclude members from  outside Dublin joining the committee.
If necessary, meetings could be held in different  locations around the
country.

2.  You can bring enthusiasm and an interest in making technology more
easily and widely  available to those with a visual impairment.

Over the last few years we have seen huge developments within VICS and in
the wider  community as a result of work done by VICS members.  To ensure
that this good work continues  and that VICS grows and evolves it is
important that the members take an active part in the  running of the
society.

So, over the next few weeks I urge you all to think long and hard as to
whether you feel you  have something to offer.  If you do think you can
contribute something, no matter how small,  then don't hesitate to contact a
member of the committee.  Also, if you have any questions  on how the
committee works etc,  then we will be only too happy to chat with you.

The rewards you could get include knowing that you have had an influence  on
the future direction of VICS and the satisfaction in seeing how VICS has
helped your fellow visually impaired members reap the benefits that access
technology can provide.

Regards,

Tim Culhane

-------------------------
Tim Culhane,
Critical Path Ireland,
42-47 Lower Mount Street,
Dublin 2.
Direct line: 353-1-2415107
phone: 353-1-2415000

Tim.culhane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.criticalpath.net

Critical Path
a global leader in digital communications