[vicsireland] Re: Accissible Acrobat Reader

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 01:33:19 +0100

Hi Tony,

Windows NT.  Long time since I heard of that being used.  (that was the
precursor to Windows 2000, which was the precursor to Windows XP
Professional, which is before ... ... you get the drift?  The point being
that Acrobat Reader 8 is much more up-to-date than NT is.  I don't know if
that's the real problem, but there you go.  others might offer sweeter
illumination!

Adobe Reader 8.x is the best accessible version Adobe have done so far; but
the Reader itself would not do pdf's much (if at all) further back than in
Windows Xp.  Two other suggestions.  Use an earlier version of Adobe/Acrobat
Reader.  Be sure that the pdf is not a scanned image.

And alternatively, you might like to download and try out on it the new kid
on the block, which Gerry Ellis's recent post has told this list of.  The
new tool that Jamal Mazrui has developed - information of which I will get
you if you lost messages from here or elsewhere relevant to it.