[vibe] RE: [vibe] Fwd: RNIB Music Advisory Service and Handel & Hendrix in Brook Street: The 60’s relived

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 15:54:00 +0000

Hi Peter,

Sounds fun. I may attend, depending on whether my wife has arranged anything
else for that day (which is my birthday). Perhaps I might bring an original
stylophone (bought while Space Oddity was in the chart in 1969 – and I’m pretty
sure it still works).
Please can you send a gentle request to the originator of the email, asking for
information about how to get there (nearest mainline and underground stations
and all that)? Also, It was good that the graphic at the top of the flyer was
tagged as: “Handel and Hendrix – remembering his Stars And Stripes, I’d love to
know what Jimi would have made of the Messiah)…but I wondered what the closing
graphic was. I hope it wasn’t a map (smile)

Best,
Clive

RNIB Music Advisory Service and Handel & Hendrix in Brook Street: The 60’s
relived

Thu, 14 Jan 2016 11:53:08 +0000

Mailbox, MAS <MAS@xxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:MAS@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Mailbox, MAS <MAS@xxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:MAS@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Good morning everyone,

I hope you are all well - happy new year!

I am writing to let you know of a workshop taking place at Handel and Hendrix
in London. This is the first event hosted by the Handel House Museum since its
reopening incorporating Hendrix's flat.

When: Monday 15 February 2016 from 11:00 until 16:00

Where: Handel and Hendrix in London, 25 Brook Street, Mayfair, London, W1K 4HB

Workshop leader: Adrian Lee, composer and guitarist, with Claire Davies, Head
of Learning and Participation, Handel and Hendrix in London

Who is invited? The day is open to any blind and partially sighted music lovers
over the age of 16 but will be of particular interest to guitarists.

What will the day involve? A guided tour of Hendrix’s flat in London. An
illustrated talk from Adrian Lee. A discussion about music in London in the
1960s prompted by artefacts brought by participants.

Please refer to the attached flyer for more information.

Interested in attending? Please email mas@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
for an application form. Places are limited and the closing date is Monday 1
February 2016

With best wishes,

Ali Safder

RNIB Music Advisory Service

105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE

T: 020 7391 2063

--

Looking for an adventure for 2016? Embark on the journey of a lifetime by
joining us on #TrekForSight, an epic adventure across Iceland. Visit

--

DISCLAIMER:

confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you
should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any
attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately of your receipt
of the email and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its
staff are free from viruses or other contaminants. However, it cannot accept
any responsibility for any such which are transmitted.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any
attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk <http://www.rnib.org.uk><http://www.rnib.org.uk>