[vibe] Re: Possible meet-up and really need your views

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 10:13:06 +0100

Hi James and All,

Thanks for the reply and encouraging words.

There's clearly not enough interest for the meet-up this autumn so we'll postpone that for another time.

We're still working with Drake Music and Queen Mary University of London on ways to go forward short and long term, but without basic funding it's hard to make real progress, so it's sort of on hold for the moment.

Meanwhile, as you say, this Email group is there for anyone to use to keep in touch, pass on useful info, ask questions and share ideas, so please do post with anything you'd like to say.

Best wishes to all,

Peter

At 10:11 28/08/2015, you wrote:

Dear Peter, and greetings to all,

I think the idea of a meet-up sounds good in theory, but I cannot make that date. In fact, Saturdays are going to be tricky due to childcare for me this term at least.

It is disappointing that the level of demand articulated at the meeting last November has not translated into ongoing interest. So, I wonder what people think about keeping this email list going for general discussion, networking and peer-to-peer support and see whether the need for an official association emerges. Traffic on the list thus far has been low so let's all start using this resource to share our thoughts.

Thanks Peter for your commitment and determination to meet the concerns of blind and partially sighted musicians

Cheers, James