[vibe] Possible meet-up

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 11:54:41 +0000

Hi All, and a very Happy New year.

A warm welcome to Jonathan and many thanks to you and André for all the very useful pointers.

We've talked about possible meet-ups, so a couple of possibilities to see whether the idea is worth reviving:

I'm thinking we could have a round table where each of us could summarise our experience and background, and table questions for discussion, with the focus on solutions in the two main areas of music technology access, and more general accessibility of promotion and other practical issues.

There is an existing regular slot at Rich Mix in Shoreditch, where we held the original meeting, every fortnight on Mondays between 11 and 4.   Alternatively, if not enough people can make that, we could arrange a room in a pub, probably on a Saturday afternoon.

If this is to happen at all then I need to know who would definitely be interested in coming to such an event, so please let me know on or off list.

As I mentioned to Jonathan, without funding and an admin person, we don't have leadership, or anyone with enough time or energy, so it depends entirely on us to decide whether something else worthwhile can be arranged, or whether this Email group is a useful enough resource as it is.

Best,

Peter