[vibe] Re: Opportunities for Us!

  • From: "Chris Norman" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chris.norman2" for DMARC)
  • To: <vibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 09:03:55 +0100

Hi,
If you mean a band that played together over Skype I think you'd struggle because of the latency.

Yes garage band is a watered down version of logic, but logic is well worth the money!

I personally don't use a mac any more because I found the platform as a whole was going down hill fast. I'm far more interested in reaper under windows which I haven't played with yet.

Cheers,
Chris

On 28 March 2017 8:31:53 pm jim jim <actionjimjackson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I like the idea of a workshop on music production but I don't have logic. I do have garage band and I hear this is a watered down version but has the same controls and is free. The NYC public library just had an online intro and could be a good platform to use. I would also like to see if there is any interest in starting a band on skipe

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 26, 2017, at 6:08 AM, kevin satizabal carrascal <kevin.is@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm a pianist and composer. A songwriting retreat would be fantastic, and I also second the suggestion to learn more about music production and using technologies like logic on the Mac

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Mar 2017, at 14:17, Nichola <nicholakelly85@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I hope you're well and being creative.

I'm doing a lot of work with arts organisations including my own www.thevipproject.com

A collective aim is creating more opportunities for creative people with disabilities. I lean more towards helping musicians with disabilities. I'm just looking for your opinions at this point, what kind of opportunities would you like to see become available for you? Is there already enough out there? If so, what barriers do you face, if any to get involved?

Please let me know.

Also, would a songwriting retreat be something of interest to any of you? 3-4 days away in a U.K. location, where you work in groups to write songs and it would be run by established and successful music industry professionals.

Hope to hear from you.

Nicki