[vibe] Re: Introduction

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:54:48 +0000

Hello Lucy and all,

You wrote:
“i am also looking into doing a music course maybe at college so i can get into
songwriting.”

Would there be interest in people writing articles about music for the Vibe
website – not articles about your favourite bands and things, but ‘how to.’
Items on subjects like songwriting, interpreting and arranging songs, how to
bring something new to a cover version, and so on?

I’ve been enjoying music since I was five – I’m embarrassed to say, that was
1960. A few years ago, I went to the Sidmouth Folk Festival and attended a
workshop on songwriting. Its presenter, Tom Bliss, said to me afterwards that
he thought I knew at least as much as he did about the craft. When I was at
school and wanting to know how to earn at least some money from performing, I
got some great advice from Reg Webb, who’s also on this list. So, how about
sharing what we know about how things are done. I’ll join the list from home
this evening, and set the ball rolling if you like.

Best,
Clive