[vi-kindle] Re: which text reader is cheapest?

  • From: Timothy Emmons <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:39:01 -0500

Well, you've got the Book Port Plus from APH, and the Plextalk Pocket which is
from Freedom Scientific, that one I believe is $275 whereas everything else is
above 300 or better. It's portable reads daisy, reads open library, and Nls if
you want that, and audible as well as text. But things like the Victor Stream
are going to run you around $350 or so, so the cheapest is going to be the
Plextalk pocket for around $275 from Freedom Scientific. It's like the book
Port but in a different body bascally. Hope this helps and if you have further
questions let me know, but that would be what I would recommend either the Book
Port plus or the Plextalk. Thanks and take care.