[vi-kindle] Re: updates

  • From: "Carol Smith" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carollablady" for DMARC)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 19:12:13 -0600

Hi,

Sometimes, it is necessary to do a double tap and then on the second tap, you might want to leave your finger on it for about a second. It sometimes isn't how hard you tap, but rather how long you leave it there.

Carol

On 12/15/2017 6:54 PM, Peejay (Redacted sender barons-mom for DMARC) wrote:

Hi all,
What is the number of the latest update for the Fire 7?
I found the update feature and apparently there was something available because when I tapped on it all manor of things happened, the most alarming part was the speech shut off.
I had to ask my roommate who doesn’t do computers what was going on.
He was telling me about a blue line that was slowly turning yellow and I guessed that was the meter.
Then the screen flashed a couple of times and then displayed a message saying it was updating and this would take up to 10 minutes.
I’m glad I had someone who could read that part because I’d have thought I’d trashed it for sure if I had to wait that long with no speech.
I simply set it aside and waited.
It did come up talking again but that update button is still there and it doesn’t say whether I have the latest version or if I need to keep tapping that button.
And speaking of tapping.
Why am I having so much trouble getting things to open.
I find what I want, and when I double tap the screen nothing happens.
I’m getting a sore finger from hitting it so hard just to activate anything.
The back, home and app switcher all seem pretty easy to activate but everything else is arguing with me.
Seems when I’m in the mood to do something with the tablet, it’s not interested in cooperating with me. GRIN:
PJ, whose a bit baffled at her tablet’s behavior,