[vi-kindle] kindle and more

  • From: Gery Gaubert <GGaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:26:55 -0600

I have a kindle and like it for what I can read on it.  Disappointed that all
books aren't tts enabled.  Disappointed that the app for the iphone isn't
accessible.  I also have a Barnes and Noble account and use the app for the
nook on my iphone.  Between both devices and the victor stream I seem to always
be able to find something to read.  While it's not perfect and ideal at least
it is now possible for me to read what others are reading.  Some of you may be
older and some are not.  I was born in 1965 and when in school braille was just
text books and some library books.  When I was moved from La. State school for
the blind I had very little braille material.  In high School a bit more
material and in college not even one text book in braille.  Books and materials
came from rfb&d for college classes.  Libraries were years behind in what was
available for reading.  Now with the Kindle, vr stream, and Nook app I can read
new material at the same time as my sighted peers do.  A long way to go but
better than before.

Gery D. Gaubert
Assistant, Information Technology Administrator
St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office
office (985) 783-0208
mobile 504-329-9439
ggaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail and any attachments thereto are intended only for the use by the
addressee(s) named herein and contain propriety/confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify me by telephone (985-783-0208) and permanently
delete/destroy the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.