[vi-kindle] Re: kindle access

  • From: Rick Alfaro <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 18:58:57 -0500

Hi Sandy, I also feel Amazon does a great job in all other areas. It is almost like the Kindle division of the company marches to a different beat completely. Their web site is very accessible as are their IOS shopping and Instant video apps. My impression is that whoever is in charge of the Kindle division hasn't much of a clue when it comes to accessibility. It's just odd that everything amazon works so well except for everything Kindle related.

I don't work for them either but I am a Prime member and love their customer service when it comes to shopping of any kind. Their online shopping experience including returns are next to none in my opinion.

Personally, I think the Kindle guy whoever that might be needs the boot. JMO.

Best,

Rick alfaro

On 12/14/2012 3:56 PM, Sandy Licht wrote:
I absolutely agree with you.  We so often concentrate on the negative,
we forget about the positive.  Accessibility needs to improve, but so
does everything else I can think of.  I, for one, have found Amazon to
be courteous and helpful.  I do as much shopping with them as I can.
  And no... I don't work for them!

Sent from my iPod

On Dec 14, 2012, at 1:44 PM, Gery Gaubert <GGaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:GGaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Message
Larry I agree but you have to admit that things are way better than they
were before.  While there is a lot of room for improvement we do have
better access to materials than we as blind people ever did.

    Gery D. Gaubert

  Assistant, Information Technology Administrator

  St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office

  office (985) 783-0208

  mobile 504-329-9439

  _ggaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ggaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> _

  This e-mail and any attachments thereto are intended only for the use
  by the addressee(s) named herein and contain propriety/confidential
  information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
  are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
  of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
  me by telephone (985-783-0208) and permanently delete/destroy the
  original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.