[vi-kindle] Re: in the market for a kindle

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 08:40:00 -0700

That I heard about.  I haven't taken the time to look at Kindle for PC with
Accessibility Plugin because I don't like being tied down to the computer while reading a book.

-----Original Message----- From: Craig Werner
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:03 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: in the market for a kindle

A further note on text-to-speech:  If you use Kindle for PC with
Accessibility Plugin, which runs on Windows machines, all books are
accessible, even those for which TTS is disabled.

Craig

On 8/9/2012 10:50 AM, Russ Kiehne wrote:
Even better than waiting for a book on BARD.  The first thing I'll do
is, make sure the book has text to speech enabled.

-----Original Message----- From: Craig Werner
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:14 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Russ, one of the most compelling arguments for purchasing a Kindle is
that books are often released in Kindle format the same day they arrive
in print format.  No more waiting for books.  Hurray.

When you are considering buying a particular book, activate the link
which names its title, and make sure that the "Text-to-Speech" feature
is enabled.  This is true for most books.  The "enabled" or "not
enabled" text strings should be easy to find with any good screen reader.

Craig

On 8/9/2012 10:05 AM, Russ Kiehne wrote:
My Kindle will be here next Tuesday.  I'm going to contact a sighted
friend of mine to setup the wi-fi for me.

-----Original Message----- From: JANE SHEEHAN
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:06 PM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I couldn't set up my Wi-Fi on my own, because I needed the mac address
of my
Kindle, and couldn't read that off the screen.

Jane Sheehan
jcsheehan1@xxxxxxxxxxx