[vi-kindle] Re: hi

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 05:41:35 -0700

I tried using notepad and I stripped out the copyright stuff like you did. I saved it as a text file and the Kindle will read it without any problems. Why do you send it to Amazon to convert into a Kindle file?

-----Original Message----- From: kb7uengene
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 9:20 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: hi

Try Wordpad or Notepad. I use Word because I make some format changes to the book prior to saving it. Also, I strip out the all the copyright notice information, so I can start right at the beginning of the book once it's loaded into my Kindle. - Gene

On Oct 29, 2012, at 10:42 AM, "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't have Word.  Then what those of us who don't have Word do?

-----Original Message----- From: kb7uengene
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 8:18 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After you download your book, you'll extract it, then you will go into it and then open up XML file in your browser, copy and paste it into Word, save it as a Word doc, and send it to Amazon to convert into a Kindle file. You'll be asked to enter your password a couple times as you do it, but it works great. If I missed something, let me know, it's been a while since I've done it. - Gene

On Oct 29, 2012, at 8:38 AM, "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do you read books from Bookshare on the Kindle?

-----Original Message----- From: kb7uengene
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:39 PM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can move content from your BN to your Kindle! Did you know, you can read Bookshare books on the Kindle.

On Oct 28, 2012, at 3:11 PM, Jessica Brown <jessicabrown531@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I forget exactly how long I have had it. I think maybe a couple of years. I have one book on it that my dad helped me pick out and buy. The kindle also reads txt files so I can use the usb cord to put books or school work from my braillenote on to my kindle.

From: kb7uengene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx
To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 14:44:34 -0500

Do you know of anyone who would have an old laptop or even a netbook they would be willing to part with cheap?

On Oct 28, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Jessica Brown <jessicabrown531@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It has wifi or you can also plug an internet cord in to it.

From: kb7uengene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx
To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 11:50:09 -0500

There have been four models of Kindle with keyboards, and three of those have had TTS. They are the original Kindle with a split keyboard and no TTS, the Kindle 2 with a keyboard with tiny bump like keys and a joystick and TTS for reading only, the Kindle DX with TTS for reading only and is a larger ereader with rectangular keys and a joystick, and finally the Kindle 3, later called the Kindle Keyboard, which has the same bump like keys but the joystick was replaced by the square with recessed area in the middle and the only Kindle with talking menus. - Gene

On Oct 28, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If it has a keyboard, it is the Kindle Keyboard. Your touch screen models don't have speech.

At 08:11 PM 10/27/2012, you wrote:
Hi. My name is Jessica. I have been on this list for a couple of months or so but I have not posted anything yet. I have a kindle, but don't know what kind it is. How do you tell what model it is by feeling it? Thank you.

  Sandy Licht
Turn right, then go straight!

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (Amplified Bible)

11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

12Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.

13Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.(A)

14I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will release you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and all the places to which I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to be carried away captive.