[vi-kindle] Re: for those that do kindle book conversions

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 06:16:30 -0800

I just bought International Incident (Sasha McCandless Legal Thriller Book 9) and used codex to convert it. For now, Kindle for pc with accessibility is still working.

-----Original Message----- From: Cheryl Homiak
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:21 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: for those that do kindle book conversions

I will say that a few days ago I bought the latest Apple Pro training guide for the latest Mac operating system which must have been converted very recently. It was not in this new format so apparently everything new is not yet being done that way.

On Feb 14, 2017, at 10:07 AM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually I've heard there is some system for doing this with iBooks but I've never tried it. Most of the iBook books I've considered buying were more expensive than the Kindle counterpart.

On Feb 14, 2017, at 9:55 AM, Mary Otten <motten53@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi William,
I suppose time will tell. As far as I know, they still haven't done it with Apple iBooks. Maybe the markets not big enough.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 14, 2017, at 7:50 AM, William Brandes <williambrandes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi all. interesting read from nvda. perhaps only me, but, really not
interested in kindle for pc no matter the screenreader, windows os or
platform.

i use the kindle keyboard through fire to read kindle books.

and, many are converted. much of the time using the text conversion to
copy and paste quotes for reference. also alot easier to use
hyperlinks.

mary, i don't see there to be a switch of older titles to the new
format. that would seem to me to be a huge undertaking. of course, i
could be wrong.

however, you know how these things work. someone will break the
security. it happens. just about always.

stay well ... william