[vi-kindle] Re: Which way to put charger in?

  • From: Abdul Hai <ahai11london@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 20:24:04 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks David it is a shame that both sides are not the same that you can stick
them on their side just like a mobile.

On Saturday, 23 November 2013, 15:21, David Goldfield
<disciple1211@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First, your question is not at all stupid.  Those mini USB connectors can be a
real pain to properly insert.
If you feel the end of the actual connector that plugs into your
    Kindle, one side will feel totally smooth and the other has a very,
    very slightly rougher portion to it.  The change is extremely subtle
    and you may barely notice the difference.  This slightly rougher
    part, which reminds me of a Braille dot that has been significantly
    depressed, goes on top, pointing above you.
Once you locate the correct side of the charger to which I'm
    referring, you could use something like a locator dot to stick to it
    to give you a more tactile indication of which side needs to be
    pointing up.  You could also stick a small piece of tape onto it so
    that the top side will feel differently than the other one.

On 11/23/2013 10:02 AM, Abdul Hai wrote:

This may seem like a stupid question. When I am charging my Lightweight old
generation I can't tell which is the correct way to put the charger into the
Kindle. Is there anyway of knowing which is the correct way?