[vi-kindle] Re: Translating Kindle Books for reading on a braille notetaker

  • From: "Tiny Puppy" <butchb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 12:38:54 -0600

I haven't done this in a while, so don't know if it still works. I use to do it. You use the program codex from this page
http://jscholes.net/project_files/codex/readme-en.html
You also need kindle for pc. The instructions are on this page. Once you have selected the book and have it downloaded to kindle for pc as you normally would, this program can convert it to plain text. I don't know if your device will convert to grade 2 or not, if not you'll have to do that with a program, I think the nfb braille program will do that, I can dig that up if you need it. I've known braille for 60 years or more, but I don't read books that way any more, just rather listen. Write off list if I can help.
butchb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will show up from tiny puppy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kerry Fielding" <littlemisslovely1973@xxxxxx>