[vi-kindle] Re: Thanking Kindle

  • From: <hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Nan Hawthorne <hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:54:30 -0700

I wonder if the Kindle Direct Publishing people would be the best.. or at least able to pass on a message. They certainly are going to want to know a novel ackowledged them.

Nan Hawthorne, Historical Novelist
www.nanhawthorne.com

IndieBRAG Medallion Honoree for AN INVOLUNTARY KING: A TALE OF ANGLO SAXON
ENGLAND
http://www.bragmedallion.com/medallion-honorees/2012/an-involuntary-king-a-tale-of-anglo-saxon-england

On 5/21/2012 2:44 PM, temmons wrote:
I do not currently have a contact, but I just send it straight to feedback.
However, if I end up with a straight contact I 'll let you know, but seriously.
I have a book port plus, and some other things, but have been using the kindle
for pretty much everything, I even translate bookshare files, and Brf files to
the kindle when necissary and read that way. It's becoming the only way I get
stuff now, Tom and Samantha are doing a good job, Lol. But glad I've got more
supporters, that's what Amazon needs whether anybody wants to admit it or not.
So, let's keep at it, I'm not giving up. Take care and talk to you soon.
On May 21, 2012, at 3:16 PM, (Nan Hawthorne<hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>) wrote:

"What's not accessible, besides I can find more books in the kindle store than I can
find anywhere else"

That is brilliant.. I am going to use that line.

I also don't understand all the complaining.. and how they think the Amazon
flies are going to swarm to the vinegar.

I am reading a perfectly wonderul Western called "On the Trail to moonlight Gulch" by
Shelter Sonerset right now.  It is not and never will be in any other format than print and ebook..
and I got it for my Kindle.  I can already tell this book will stay in my heart for years.  What
possible point can there be in saying "All or nothing"?

One advantage of Amazon and the Kindle ovver NLS etc.... products marketed for
the visually impaired are ridicculously over-priced.  I am long away from a
time when I might have an agency paying for my tools.  But because it is a
product meant for a broad market, the Kindle is under-priced.  To sell it they
take a loss.  As my husband would quip, why go someplace else and get charged
up the nose when I could buy it from a disabilities bendor?

Do you have a contact at Amazon?  Send it to me at hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.. I want to tell them my story about finding everything I needed to research
my novel thanks to them.

Nan Hawthorne

             http://www.doteasy.com

http://www.doteasy.com