[vi-kindle] Re: Thanking Kindle

  • From: <hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Nan Hawthorne <hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 10:58:38 -0700

That's something that really frustrates me. I ran into that "all or nothing" attitude. You are dead on right.. businesses don't exist to do the right thing without some payoff for them. It is unreasonable to expect otherwise. i mean, come on, if you owned a restaurant would you feel an obligation to make every single item on the menu free of all things that different people can't eat? Or to change far less than your cost so poor people can afford it? In my considered opinion, the people who expect things to happen but won't take responsibility are eternally children. Adults understand, or they should, that the world is a give and take.

I have always said, and gotten beat on for it, that the best thing PWD can do to get opportunities is to act like a market and not a charity.

Besides, what's not accessible? All the important stuff works for me, and I can't use the Kindle visually. I just made sure I learned the tricks to find things. I can't access the Kindle Store from my Kindle, but I wouldn't have anyway.. i'd rather go on the computer.

Sad to hear that silliness is still going on.

Tim, what do you tell people when thiey complain?

Nan Hawthorne, Historical Novelist
www.nanhawthorne.com

IndieBRAG Medallion Honoree for AN INVOLUNTARY KING: A TALE OF ANGLO SAXON
ENGLAND
http://www.bragmedallion.com/medallion-honorees/2012/an-involuntary-king-a-tale-of-anglo-saxon-england

On 5/21/2012 10:23 AM, temmons wrote:
I'll agree with you on that, I've rediscovered it again after using and doing
different things and coming back to it, and falling in love all over again with
the collest device for book reading I think I've ever seen. I'm starting to
catch a lot of flack concerning accessibility on the Kindle, and I kep arguing
that folks need to keep sending feedback, and they're going to hear us, we just
have to continue to show there is a market out here, but some folks would
rather not push for things it should just happen, sometimes you gotta work for
it, but I digress. Anyway, thanks for this, about to grab mine and go to lunch.
Take care.
On May 21, 2012, at 12:08 PM, (Nan Hawthorne<hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>) wrote:

http://www.doteasy.com