[vi-kindle] Someone from Amazon Kindle may be here

  • From: <hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Nan Hawthorne <hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:46:48 -0700

I was telling my husband a couple weeks ago about our/your request for someone to join this group.

he said it is highly likely there is someone here, but they would not identify themselves. It might be one of those people from Reputation.com who keeps track of what people are saying about a company or product. Or even more likely it is someone from the Amazon marketing department who follows several sites or groups.

I suggest that if you have something you want to see in a Kindle you should suggest it, describe it thoroughly, say how you think it would boost Kindle's sales and if you can supply numbers of likely people to use a feature, so much the better.

If we complain instead of offering useful and practical solutions, we will be filed away with the cranks.

One thing I would drop as a complaint is the text to speech.. you can count on it Amazon contracts out for that and are not going to be willing to break an existing contract or contract for a higher priced tts later on. We know what we want, but we also have to think "why would a company do this?" Altruism is the religious institutions' job, not corporations.

--
Nan Hawthorne / Christopher "Kit" Moss

http://www.doteasy.com