[vi-kindle] Re: Organizing With Collections

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:09:48 -0700

What follows is from the manual on how to use this feature with some comments

of mine along the way.

1.  If you are not already on the Home screen, press the Home button.
2. Press the Menu button and use the 5-way to select “Create New Collection.”
3.  Use the keyboard to enter the name of your collection. Press the Symbol
key to enter symbols and numbers. There's no tts when you type in the name of your collection. I took my time typing in the names of my collections and had
no problems.
4.  Use the 5-way to select “save.” I used down arrow to find the save
option.
5.  Your collection is created and displayed on the Home screen.
The very first time that you create a collection, the sort order changes to
sort by  collections on the Home screen. To change the sort order, move the
5-way up to underline“By Collections”, and then move the 5-way to the right to
choose another sort option.

Adding an Item to a Collection
Collections give you the flexibility to add an item to as many collections as needed. For example, you can add the same book to collections called “History” and “My Favorite Authors.”

To add an item to one or more collections, follow these steps:
1.  If you are not already on the Home screen, press the Home button.
2.  Use the 5-way to navigate to the item you want to add to a collection.
3.  Move the 5-way to the right to view the item’s detail page.
4.  On the item’s detail page, use the 5-way to select “Add to Collection…”
5.  A screen showing all of your collections and the number of items in each
is displayed. Use the 5-way to select each collection you want to add the item to. If you have many collections
you can use the Next Page and Previous Page buttons to see them all.  I used
down arrow to find the collection I wanted to add to.
6.  After you add the item to a collection the item count for the collection
is increased and a checkmark appears to the right of the collection. You can
also remove the item from a collection by using the 5-way to select the
collection again and the checkmark will disappear.
7.  When you are done adding the item to your collections, use the 5-way to
select “Done” at the bottom of the screen. You can also press the Home or Back
buttons and your changes   will be saved. I used the Home button to save my
Changes.

Adding Multiple Items to a Collection
Collections also let you efficiently add multiple items to a single collection. This is useful for organizing similar types of items into one collection in a single pass.
To add multiple items to a collection, follow these steps:
1.  If you are not already on the Home screen, press the Home button.
2.  Use the 5-way to navigate to the collection you want to add items to.
3.  There are two ways to start the process:
Move the 5-way to the right to view the collection’s detail page. On the
collection’s detail page use the 5-way to select “Add/Remove Items.”
or- Use the 5-way to select the collection and see all the items in the
collection. Press the Menu button and select “Add/Remove Items.”
4.  A screen showing all of your items is displayed. Use the 5-way to select
each item you want to add to the collection. If you have many items you can use the Next Page and Previous
Page buttons to see them all.
5. After you add each item to the collection a checkmark appears to the right
of the item. You can also remove the item from the collection by using the
5-way to select the item again and the checkmark will disappear. The tts will
speak the status of these checkmarks.
6.  When you are done adding the item to your collections, use the 5-way to
select “Done” at the bottom of the screen. You can also press the Home or Back
buttons and your work will    be saved.  I used the Home button to save my
changes.

-----Original Message----- From: Sherry Gomes
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:10 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: Organizing With Collections

I haven't figured out how to do that yet, but I'd like to. I tend to buy
books by author, once I find an author I like, and it would be nice to sort
them into lists or groups.