[vi-kindle] Looking for a couple of settings

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald.roberts99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 21:20:36 -0800

I just read the message indicating that the latest generation Fire tablets had dictation capabilities. I would appreciate someone elaborating.  For example, can one dictate such things as email or text messages?  I saw an icon which says "voice search." Is this the extent of the dictation capability?

Also, please tell me where to find the setting which allows the buttons on the top of the Fire tablet to manually raise or lower the volume. I realize of course that I can use Alexa, but sometimes I wish to change the volume manually. By default, it apparently is disabled.

Thanks much.

Don Roberts