[vi-kindle] Re: Longing for a Kindle but wondering ...

  • From: Craig Werner <craig_werner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 01:19:17 -0400

Nan, you once said we need to behave like a market, not a charity. Those words have stayed with me. I happen to have two friends who are marketing professors. Now that some extensive travels have almost ended for me, I hope over the summer to talk to them about how customers can effectively work with companies for improvements.

Best,
Craig

On 6/9/2012 12:51 AM,  (Nan Hawthorne <hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>) wrote:
I have said from the start that we as people with "special needs" need
to start behaving like a market. The more of us buy Kindles and make
helpful suggestions, not demands, the more incentive there will be for
Amazon to keep leading the way with its products. And as i said before,
they don't know when we buy their product that we are visually
impaired.. and isn't that empowering? Integration.. that's what we are
striving for.

Nan Hawthorne, Historical Novelist
www.nanhawthorne.com

IndieBRAG Medallion Honoree for AN INVOLUNTARY KING: A TALE OF ANGLO
SAXON ENGLAND
http://www.bragmedallion.com/medallion-honorees/2012/an-involuntary-king-a-tale-of-anglo-saxon-england

"If we are to become friends I must laugh the way I really do."
Gabbo de la Parra

On 6/8/2012 7:05 PM, Craig Werner wrote:
Hello, Kimber and all list members.

Nan has put the case for the Kindle succinctly and accurately. I use my
Kindle and also Kindle for PC, and both tools have made it possible to
read many books that would be much more difficult to read using other
methods. The Kindle has done much to close the information gap. Some
of us have been sending comments to Amazon in an effort to let them know
how useful the Kindle is and in an effort to make sure the Text to
Speech function, which Amazon has labeled as "experimental," remains an
option. Most books are indeed accessible. True, there is much work to
be done on making the Kindle a more efficient reading tool, but waiting
until the software gets better is simply a losing game. Why not take
the plunge and buy one. I believe Amazon has a liberal refund policy in
case you aren't satisfied. If you have question as you evaluate the
Kindle, you'll find a supportive--albeit small--group on this list more
than willing to offer knowledgeable assistance. I expect Monday's
podcast will be worth your attention.

Craig

http://www.doteasy.com