[vi-kindle] Re: Kindle on a Touch

  • From: Christopher Hawthorne Moss <christopherhmoss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 19:11:30 -0700

Butch,

You can get the Kindle for PC app from the iTunes store. It's free. Then on your Touch register it and you can start choosing to send your Kindle books there when you buy them on Amazon. I have the Touch set up with VoiceOver, which comes with it, so it reads everything on the screen including Kindle books.

I may have figured out how Amazon is going to get around the accessibility requirement if no other way.. they have a relationship with Audible now that let's you buy both the Audible and the Kindle book at the same time and it is wired to be able to switch back and forth. So they will be able to say "But many of the books are accessible if you buy the package..." Of course that won't make me happy at all since I rarely find much I want to read on Audible...

Kit Moss