[vi-kindle] Re: Kindle for Pc

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 08:22:08 -0800

An ios device is a Apple iphone, ipad or ipod touch. I've beenusing the Kindle app on my ipad mini to read kindle books. Works Great.

-----Original Message----- From: Chrisopher Hawthorne Moss
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 8:14 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: Kindle for Pc

Russ,

What would be an IOS device and would it allow reading of text?

I wrote to Random House to  protest that they limit copying of the book.
Maybe I will see if I can find the author's email.  It is really putting a
crimp in my writing since I am just two days from finishing the first draft
of the book and am having a devil of a time finding what I need in the
Kindle for PC version.  I am finding the flow of the Battles of Contreors
and Cherebusxo hard to follow.

I can tell you all that as an author I know why some books get those
limitations, including a book not being accessible by text to speech.  Some
publishers are absolutely convinced we want to steal their books and sell
them as our own publications.  The sad thing is that this is possible.  All
we can do as blind people is convince people not to buy books from pirate
sites.  Believe me, I don't want my books stolen and sold with no recompense
for me.  I just don't think there is much I can do about it and to rob blind
people of the books is just plain wrong.  The thing is that pirates will get
ahold of books no matter what you do.  With the proliferation of scanners
that convert books to text, it can be done no matter what.. and if the book
is taken from the library it will not cost the pirate a thing.

So we just need to make it very clear to publishers that we are out here and
deserve a chance.

I suppose if we gathered together and boycotted he publishers that do this
we could have an impact, but then the pirates probably buy the print copy or
the text to speech copy and sell it anyway... and we tend not to pay for
books so why cater to us?

Kit Moss