[vi-kindle] Re: Kindle for PC: Unable to Get "Search" Function to Work

  • From: Loy <loyrg2845@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:30:18 -0400

That's right. The more I work with the program it seems to not work as well as the older version.

On 7/28/2012 5:17 PM, Craig Werner wrote:
Loy, I gather you are also unable to have Window-Eyes speak the search results. If so, I'll phone Kindle Support and let them know that function may well be broken.

Best,
Craig

On 7/28/2012 5:03 PM, Loy wrote:
I guess I mislead you about search working. I did the control F and it
brought up the edit box, but I did not test any farther. Sorry
On 7/28/2012 4:14 PM, Craig Werner wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I am using Window-Eyes 7.5.4.1 with the Kindle for PC with
Accessibility Plugin.  I can get to the "search" box by pressing
"Control-F," and I can enter a search string into the edit box.
However, no matter which key or keys I press, I cannot select a
particular occurrence of that search string and start reading from
that point.  Sometimes, the entire list of possibilities is read, but
I cannot isolate any one of them.  I know Loy has had success with
this option.  Could he or someone detail the keystrokes necessary to
make this function work?  with the old version, after typing in a
string and pressing "Enter," the user only had to press "Tab" enough
times to get to the "You are here" button, whereupon pressing the up
or down arrow keys would read the various search results.  I have
tried using the "Search" function with the QT Support app running and
with also with QT disabled.

Thanks very much for all help.

Craig

.