[vi-kindle] Re: Kindle fo PC ...um ...

  • From: Craig Werner <craig_werner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:18:33 -0400

Shoshana, the first thing you have to do is to gather a list of your Kindle books. You can do this by pressing the "home" and "archive" buttons, which you activate by tabbing around. Once you have gathered a list, you press <Enter> on the title of the book you want to read, and then "Control-R" to start reading it. In its default mode, the software will read one page at a time, and you may find it disconcerting to have it pause so often. "Control-shift-C" will make the software read continuously.

Craig

On 6/10/2012 10:06 PM, Felinitye wrote:
Hi,
OK, I'm a cyber ditz, and freely confess it. But I have it downloaded
and installed. My question is, do I have to activate the guides and
menus ...and if so, how? I can read the file etc. menus, but ...nothing
else. Next step? Oh, yes ...XP home, ie8 and Jaws 13.
Thanks,
Shoshana