[vi-kindle] Re: Kindle and synthetic speech.

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 06:30:38 -0700

Once and a while, I turn on my Kindle keyboard to make sure it still works. There have been a couple of times I had to charge it before It would turn on.

-----Original Message----- From: linnette whalen
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 11:50 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Kindle and synthetic speech.

I have two hearing aids and totally blind. I am very particular about synthetic speech. There are some sounds which give me a migraine and others I find it difficult to understand. The speech on the Kindle Keyboard was fine, but the speech used for the Kindle books via the Kindle app just was not going to do it for me. Voice dream Reader did make life a bit better, because I did have options in selecting a voice I was Comfortable with. I came close to burning out my Kindle Keyboard, because at that time this was the only voice I could tolerate. I did not care that it was not completely accessible. I have it tucked away for hard times or when I just want to make sure it is still working.

On Jul 18, 2016, at 9:12 AM, Russ  can <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I started out with a Kindle Keyboard about three years back. When the Kindle app for iOS became fully accessible, I stopped using my Kindle keyboard. Now days, I convert my Kindle books with codex to epub and read them with voice dream reader using Neospeech.

-----Original Message----- From: Tiny Puppy
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2016 8:15 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: [vi-kindle] Re: [vi-kindle] Re: [vi-kindle] “The 2016 Kindle is Complete Crap as an Accessible eReader”

Well, I don't know any thing about blue tooth either.  I'll stick with my
keyboard kindle.  Does what I need it to do.  The problem is that many of
you think that just because you know all about this stuff, that all of us
do. I really don't consider something all that accessible if I need sighted
help to set it up or need to go buy extra stuff.  But, again, what do I
know.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>