[vi-kindle] Re: Jumping pages

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:33:12 -0800

How do I unsubscribe from this list?

----- Original Message -----
From: kb7uengene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx
To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 09:50:44 -0500
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: Jumping pages

It sounds like you're capacitive touchscreen on your first generation Paperwhite may not be registering your touches or gestures correctly. Try a screen cleaner and see if that helps. Also, various areas of the screen are designated to do different things. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's a question that needs to be asked. Have you read the Paperwhite user guide? I'm guessing you did a long time ago, but as I said before still needed to ask a question because I don't know what your experiences is with the Kindle Paperwhite. i've had various Kindles since 2009 and now I have the Kindle Paperwhite 2, and it does take a little getting used to with the touch interface, I'm still having to think about what I do as I'm doing it.
Gene

On Oct 28, 2013, at 9:30 AM, Abdul Hai <ahai11london@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I will do it anyway.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite, the previous generation one. What happens is that when I read and tap the screen sometimes the Kindle goes from 91% to something like 24%,. This does not happen often as it used to after I contacted Amazon and spent something like an hour trying to fix it. If I turn the top left hand side it goes back to the correct place.